Coronavirus – COVID-19
What you are covered for:
- You are covered for cancelling or cutting your trip short if you fall ill with COVID-19 provided you did not know you had the illness or were not in the process of being tested at the time of booking your trip. You will need supporting documentation such as correspondence and medical records from your doctor or medical practitioner.
Where eligible, you will be covered for your non-refundable costs providing that you haven’t been able to change your booking or get compensation from your tour operator, accommodation provider, airline, travel agent or other provider.
- You are covered for Emergency Medical Expenses if you fall ill with COVID-19 whilst on your trip. This includes cover for any reasonable accommodation and/or travelling expenses as well as the cost of any necessary repatriation expenses to the UK.
This cover is not provided, however, where you have travelled against the advice of the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) or against medical advice.
What you are not covered for:
- You won’t be covered if you have to cancel or cut your trip short as a result of any travel restrictions such as a national or local lockdown or if the FCDO is advising against all (but essential) travel due to COVID-19 or any other epidemic or pandemic.
- You also won’t be covered where you need to claim for cancelling or cutting your trip short as a result of any need to self-isolate or quarantine.
- Any claims as a result of your airline or travel provider becoming insolvent or having an administrator appointed and being unable to provide agreed services are not covered.
- We won't cover you if you change your mind and decide you do not want to travel.
- You won’t be covered for any costs of COVID-19 tests prior to travelling